Bangalore Comic Con: First time at a comic con! (Details & Pictures)

Last week I was visiting my brother in Bangalore, originally we had planed to leave for Coorg on the weekend but after looking at the current events happening in Bangalore and finding out that Comic Con was also the same weekend, I asked him to delay the trip for a day so I can attend the Comic Con for a day.
Welcome!
This was my first visit to any Comic Con, and what had me a bit concerned was the fact that I was going alone, and generally atleast where I live it is considered crazy to go anywhere alone, people even want to visit the washrooms in groups!
Anyway encouraged by my hippie-solo-travelling-ComicConVeteran-buddy Lakshay(find him on Instgram@seeking_shambhala), I decided to go and check it out. It was kind of awesome but not for the reasons I expected. First of all what was great was the crowd, volunteers,cosplayers, panelists, and generally everyone involved. Everyone that I came across was just happy, & enjoying themselves. I guess all of us geeks are more or less just happy to enjoy ourselves, but it was great to see so many doing it together in perfect harmony.
The general vibes of the whole event was awesome. Now the stuff I expected to enjoy was the 'fan-experiences'  & fan zones like Marvel Zone, AXN zone, Star Wars Zone, etc. but to my utter disappointment they were lame and overcrowded, but without letting them get me down, I was there for one major task & that was to get some sweet-sweet merchandise & man you can really put a hole in your pocket here, there is just so much great stuff all around from t-shirts to toys, from Funko Pops to DC collectibles, from posters to comics, their was everything that I wanted & more here!
Again without getting ahead and buying whtever the fuck I wanted & blowing away my trip money, I decided that it was best that I skip the t-shirts as they are generally all available online & I can buy them anywhere, I was tempted to buy a batman statue but it's insane pricetag of 12K helped me resist that.
Good for the eyes but not for the pocket!
In the end after alot of thinking I decided to get stuff that I wont get anywhere else. Therefore what I ended up getting was signed posters from Scott Hampton, John Layman, & Tabitha Lyons(she is hot!). That's not all as just I also found a store called Wowheads and they had by far the most value for money statues & bobbleheads that I haveever seen, from them I got a sweet batgirl statue. Then after checking out alot more stuff I ended up getting two t-shirts that I had to buy as one of them had Xabi Alonso & Steven Gerard two of my brothers favorite players, so I got it for him, after all he had adjusted all the plans so I could come here. I don't know the seller from which I got those, & then there was this Indian artist who had some brilliant artwork I got two postcards from them because they were beautiful & unique (you can find them here @coffeedinbrushes).
My Comic Ccon haul!

To top all that of there were some great cosplayers there too & almost all of them were happy to get clicked and take selfies with everyone, I was generally happy to just admire their efforts but again I was encouraged by my hippie friend over the phone to go ahead and take some pictures with them & I was not disappointed as all of them were more than happy to take a selfie with me.


All in all comic con in Bangalore was not big on fan experiences, or even guests, but it was full of brilliant like minded people who came together to celebrate their fandoms & that is what I enjoyed the most just hanging out there with random people watching all the cosplayers, & craziness unfold in front of us & having a good time. (Some pictures below)
More Stuff I could not afford!


Scott Hampton!
John Layman!
Not Tabitha Lyons ;p


I love DC!, of shit Ironman.







Comments

  1. Yes!! This is what Comic Con is all about, celebrating the spirit of fandoms. I am surely going to attend the one in Delhi but now I know to keep my expectations under check :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment