Joy: The kind that is just infinite.



In my recent memory I can't remember any day besides 18th October, 2017 that I felt pure joy, just the happiness that is kind of infectious, you know the kind that stays with you for upcoming days, weeks, and months, like the kind I felt after Real Madrid won the 10th Champions League, the kind that is just infinite that keeps you on a perennial high for a long time. It was an event of seismic proportions that happened that day that has till date kept me looking at life and facing all the shit that it throws at me with a smile. So what was it you ask, well the question is not what but who was it. It was the Kid. The Kid is the reason that I sit staring at nothing and enjoy the nothingness, he is the reason that the future seems bright, the present feels like a present. He is my sister's first child Yuvraj Gahlot. He is not my kid, but he is my kid, you know? He is the first grandchild that my parents have got. He is the first of the next generation.
Born on 18th October, 2017, The Kid is now more than 2 months old. I haven't even met him yet, nevertheless I still love The Kid. I guess that is what makes the happiness even more everlasting, that when just the knowledge of him being in this world makes me so happy, then whenever I get to actually meet the little guy, hold him, play with him, the anticipation of those moments just keeps me happy.
I remember sharing the news with my friends, taking them out to grab some dinner, and not wanting the night to end as not just me even my friends were just so damn stoked after getting the news that we all were now uncles. 'Uncle', I guess we are getting old. It was a magical day and everyone in my family was in a blissful state. and it was all thanks to The Kid.
I still might have months to wait before I get to meet him, as he lives in Dubai and that flat out sucks but still just knowing that he is happy and healthy is more than enough for me.
I had planned to write this post alot earlier but since The kid was in a hurry and was born one month prematurely, his parents and grand parents decided not to make the world know just yet that we have been blessed with The Kid because you know as 'nazar lag jati hai'  that in English is referred to as 'catching the evil eye'. So now that the world has been made aware of The Kid, this goes out to him.
Keep growing kid, stay healthy, and happy. Thanks to Mayank Jiju & my sister for giving me joy: that is kind of infinite.


Comments

  1. This just shows how good of a heart the writer has. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment